The Manhattan is a classic cocktail that originated in New York City, specifically in the borough of Manhattan. Many variations of the cocktail have been created over the years, each named after a neighborhood in Manhattan. Here are some popular Manhattan neighborhood cocktails:
- East Side: This cocktail is made with 2 slices cucumber, mint leaves, gin, simple syrup, lime juice fresh.
- East Village : This cocktail is made with blanco tequila, yellow Chartreuse, Grand Marnier, and lemon juice. Pretty much a Last Word with tequila instead of gin.
- The Harlem: This cocktail is made with gin, pineapple juice, Maraschino liqueur and pineapple chunks.
- The Midtown: This cocktail is made with Hendricks gin, grenadine, rose syrup (Snackbar uses Kalvert), lemon wheels, mint leaves and sparkling wine.
- The Greenwich Village: This cocktail is made with Rye whiskey, lemon juice, sugar syrup, aromatic bitters, egg white, and red wine.
- Little Italy: This cocktail is made with Rye whiskey, rosso vermouth, and Cynar.
These are just a few of the many Manhattan neighborhood cocktails out there. If you’re a fan of the classic Manhattan, be sure to try some of these variations to experience the unique flavors and characteristics of each neighborhood.